Friday 29 January 2010

Beauty Through Balance

Our neighbors up north often take the back seat when it comes to recognition for beauty products. However Ancient Secrets, a Canadian company founded in 1995 by Sherina Jamal, is dedicated to bringing forth powerful indigenous ingredients from different parts of the world and combining them with a scientific approach to create high quality result oriented skin care. 
The on going mission includes developing and providing superior skincare and education that will support healthy living and longevity.

Their Beauty Through Balance can be found in exclusive spas across the nation AND can now make their way into your at home spa aka your bathroom. 
Each time I try products, I have a preconceived notion on what the texture will be and I was off on all three of the ones I tried. Even though I was off, they were ON the mark! 

Green Tea Seaweed Salt Glow
What I thought it was going to be like: Visions of a gooey scrub naturally entered my thoughts. Even the best scrubs have a goo factor that conflicts with the tub.

What it was: To my delightful surprise, the salt glow was not gooey. In fact it was more like a powder. What happens, is... you combine it with a little bit of water on your wet skin to form your own paste! Part of the signature line (with a seaweed base) It is created with salt crystals, natural oils, green tea and fresh Pacific Seaweed. I used on my elbows and knees to slew off that wintry dryness.

Why I loved it: My elbows and knees were definitely softer. I liked that I was able to form it into my own paste so that no residue was left on the tub for me to slip on.

Seaweed Body Butter
What I thought it was going to be like: Again I thought it was going to be gooey. I love butters but then I have the urge to wash my hands six times after I use them

What it was: Not so. Also part of the signature series,It had the power of a thick butter but instead the lighter version that still included Cocoa and Shea Butter, was combined with seaweed and green tea sans the grease!

Why I loved it: I applied it to my freshly glowing elbows and knees. It was absorbed quickly and my hands didn't feel greasy after. That's a super plus to me. And the super softness of my rough spots lead me to think this could be a new staple in my routine...Yay!!!

Acai Body Emulsion

What I thought it was going to be like: I actually thought this was going to be kind of like a gel.

What it was: Part of the new Acai Series, this Emulsion is for targeting sun damaged areas. My target was my chest and neck.

It's a light fluffy lotion with anti-aging benefits from Acai extract, vitamin C, Olivate from pure olive oil and rainforest Capuacu butter.

Why I loved it: My chest felt silky after application and it was not like a gel at all. It was more like a whipped lotion of pure bliss.



I'm really impressed by this line because it's not only essential that products work, but when the clean up is minimal or non existant.....all the better!
For more information and to purchase, Visit Beauty Through Balance.