Sunday 18 January 2009

La Mer

Here's the 411, I had a scar from 2003 on my décolletage, I had a black freckle removed. Since it was a freckle and not a mole, there was a minor surgery performed that went pretty deep. In turn, it caused a keloid to form, that's when skin heals from the outside. The good news is that the freckle was harmless, the bad news was my scar was horrific in a bikini and i looked as though someone had stabbed me in the chest.

For one year I tried several creams, but one day a whole year later mind you, when I was at Neiman's i got a sample of "The concentrate" from La Mer. I had read about the scientist behind the concentrate so I was intrigued.

Needless to say my scar started to slowly diminish after three months and I kept using it every couple days (finally investing a small fortune in my first bottle). My scar is still there but it is barely noticeable and has camouflaged its way, back in with my skin.

I have recently burned my hand twice while cooking and it has worked wonders for me, once again. It's pricey but you get a lot of bang for your buck.